In general, you can expect the treated area to be red, swollen, and possibly blistering or scabbing after a laser tattoo removal treatment. Here are some general aftercare tips:
- Keep the treated area clean: Gently wash the area with soap and water and pat it dry.
- Apply ointment: Use a thin layer of ointment, such as petroleum jelly or an antibiotic ointment, to keep the skin moisturized and protect it from infection.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Keep the treated area out of direct sunlight, and use a high SPF sunscreen if it is exposed to the sun.
- Avoid picking at scabs: Allow any scabs or blisters to heal naturally. Picking at them can cause scarring and increase the risk of infection.
- Use over-the-counter pain medication: If you experience pain or discomfort, you can take over-the-counter pain medication such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil).
If you experience any unusual symptoms or have concerns about your healing, be sure to contact us for further guidance.