Recent laser tattoo removal technology, such as the Piqo4 laser has become much more effective at removing tattoos with a very little risk of long-term scarring. In the short term, laser tattoo removal will always create a superficial white frosting, which is completely natural and what is expected of a successful laser tattoo removal treatment.
Some patients may experience a little bruising, swelling or blistering, which again is perfectly normal and is actually a sign that your immune system is already healing the area and beginning to remove the ink from your skin. To help alleviate these perfectly normal side effects and to help speed up your recovery time, follow our simple advice on laser tattoo removal aftercare below.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and sun-beds for at least 4 weeks.
- If the tattooed area is covered by hair, please shave the area 1 day before treatment.
- Do not apply any self-tanning products for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Do not apply and moisturizing creams to the area.
- On the day of your treatment ensure that your tattoo is free of make-up, moisturizer, lotions, deodorant, and oil.
Up to 48 hours after treatment
- Avoid restrictive clothing or excessive friction of the treated area
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that puts you at risk of causing trauma to the treated area
- Avoid applying creams, moisturizers, makeup, perfume or body lotions to the treated area
- Avoid hot baths or getting the area wet
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas and steam rooms as well as Jacuzzis
- Avoid going swimming as chemicals in the water may cause a skin reaction
- Wash the area gently with soap and water but do not soak
- Do not shave the treated area
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- Do not lie in the sun or use a sun-bed as this activates the melanin in the skin and can lead to pigmentation marks.
If the area treated feels tender or warm
- Apply cold compresses or ice or a pack of peas from the freezer wrapped in a clean cloth.
- Do not apply ice directly to the skin as this can burn.
- Do not apply any creams/lotions to the area other than that recommended by your laser operator.
After 48 hours has passed
We recommend you continue to follow the instructions above until you feel confident that the treated are has healed sufficiently; i.e. the blistering has subsided. If you are unsure in any case, please do not hesitate to call us on the number below for a professional opinion. By following this before and after treatment advice you should expect to see and feel a greater laser tattoo removal satisfaction. Clients should notify the clinic of any change in medical conditions, medication or pregnancy.
Please call ReversaTatt immediately if you have any adverse reactions
Business text line: (239) 201-3505 (Fastest Response.)